Saturday, July 31, 2010

Duluth

In an effort to "get out of Dodge" we went to Duluth for a couple of days to relax.Henry wasn't too pleased with us after we dipped his toes in the icy cold Lake Superior water. I really don't understand how they say the water is reaching record high temps this summer. My feet were numb after about two minutes.

We had breakfast one morning at a quaint cafe called Takk for Maten. This place was a must for me as I hold on to anything that reminds me of my time in Norway. Eric's breakfast was unreal. He always out-orders me.



We went aboard the Vista Fleet for their happy hour cruise. We missed the bridge so we just circled around the harbor and saw the massive ships.



We spent the majority of our time walking along the lake. The weather and view were amazing.

Some of you may have heard that the tall ships were going to be in Duluth while we were there. We did hang out at the canal for a couple of hours to watch two of them come in. It was a pretty spectacular sight to see the ships sail in.... During that time we also befriended a retired couple from MD who taught us about Henry Schoolcraft.

All in all, a pleasant couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment