Saturday, November 27, 2010

& the times they are a changin'

My freshman year of college I wanted to use that song as my subject of a paper. But my professor said that anything by Bob Dylan would be too cliche and predictable... so I went with a Madonna song. Not sure that choice was any less predictable....

Anyway....

This post's title is an homage to our dear Henry. I think he changes by the day. No. By the minute. We tried one nap today and that kid exhausted me. Two naps are in his future tomorrow. Before dinner last week I was picking out a bottle of wine:  take bottle out 1/4 of the way to see what it is, slide it back into the rack. Henry watched this and has now decided to be a sommelier. He checks the vintage of each bottle and slowly puts it back. Sometimes he pulls the bottle a bit too far (must be the excitement of our steals from Haskell's wine sale) and drops it. We now have a few dents in our wood floor that weren't there just a short week ago. I should tell him to stop. Eric does. For some reason though I'm just baffled that he will mimic us in such an exact science. I need to keep this in mind at all times. In an effort to be "funny mommy" I bounce or tap his toys on my head. It usually gets some giggles from him. But now he's started to hit his head with items in the same manner. Note to self: start doing long division in front of Henry; maybe he'll have it perfected before kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment