Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gurgling away

Henry just went down for the night and my stomach has those warm butterflies swarming about inside of it. You know which butterflies I'm talking about...the ones that are usually partnered with a slight smile as you reminisce about something dear... your last birthday party, a great episode of Modern Family, or an inside joke you share with your significant other. Right now my butterflies are the direct result of my lil' man gurgling throughout the day. He has decided that cooing is for the babies and now that he is a big boy he'll gurgle his thoughts instead. As I stop to laugh at his gurgles (they're just too darn cute...especially when they come with a side order of bubbles and drool) he reacts with a pause, a smile, and then some more gurgling. It's as if this pause is his way to connect with me and say, "I totally know you get it, Mom." This could be in response to me asking how his skin is feeling...what he thinks of his fancy rubber ducky...how great it feels to have cozy pjs on.... God, I love that kid. I can't wait 'til tomorrow so that I can have another gurgly conversation with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment