Sunday, February 7, 2010

We put on our Sunday best...

As some of you know, we have been trying out some of the local churches to find our "home" and we haven't had much luck. Well, today we were able to get out the door and attend the First United Church of Christ for their service. We felt right at home the whole time: their mission is right in line with what we believe (which is the most important part), the congregation members were comfortable sharing their joys and struggles for prayer time, and the woman next to me shared her hymnal with me for a couple of songs (I couldn't make sense of the hymnal for a song...I guess I needed another cup of coffee). The church is also very family oriented (Sunday school during the service, rocking chairs in the back for those with infants, etc.) and they had great music. We plan to attend a few more times to make sure this is the right place for us, but we really have a good feeling about it. Oh, and Henry liked it too...he felt so comfortable that he decided to make silent prayer time a bit more upbeat with his voice. I guess he just wanted to make sure God heard his prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment